Saturday, February 20, 2016

1 Thing Weary Leaders Should Always Remember

     Ever feel tired of being a one-man band? Ever wonder if what you're doing matters? Ever wonder if people go beyond hearing to listen?
     I once worked for a woman in Dallas, Texas who gave me something guaranteed to bust this kind of pity party. For twenty-six years her single statement has restored my drive to continue any job until it's done. 'Darlin', she said, yes she said darlin' this was Texas after all. 'Darlin' remember one thing to get you through any and all rough spots. always remember Jesus was nobody in Jerusalem.' 
     Her point was everyone who has ever accomplished anything worthwhile has experienced doubt; has experienced frustration when the message seems wasted breath. Even someone whose message has had worldwide impact.
     I'll tell you another story. I recently reconnected with a friend from high school. He said he hoped someday he would be able to thank me for a 'talking to' I gave him one night because what I said changed his life. Words. Words have an impact we often never know. These two life lessons keep me going, even in my darkest John the Baptist moments.
     I read about banks, secret laws brought to light, and financial matters partly because I love intrigue. I admit it. I also read and write mysteries. However, the things I learn about banks, and governments  impact my life. I share that information on this blog because they also impact yours. I spread the word because none of us can protect ourselves from something we can't see. Preparation is not fear-mongering; it's common sense. Buckminster Fuller once wrote God wants everyone to be prosperous. The earth wasn't created so a few could be rich and the others poor. There is plenty for everyone to be rich. 
     I share Mr. Fuller's belief and make it my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment