Wednesday, March 30, 2016

When Push Comes To Shove

     A lot of people will say, 'If you ever need help with anything, give me a call." The truth is very few of them will take that call. A lot of people say, "I wish I could figure out a way to come up with some extra money." The truth is very few of them are open to suggestions.  A lot of people complain or talk about their big plans. The truth is they want only to hear themselves talk. You know the type. You can't count on them for anything; when push comes to shove they're nowhere to be found.  
     The nuns of my childhood pegged them correctly. I learned if I needed help to meet a project deadline, go to the busiest person I could find. Busy people get things done and they're ready to help. The other people will say, "Ah, gee, I know I offered to help, but now is not a good time for me. I just poured myself a glass of wine and my TV program is coming on. Darn. I might be able to do something with you next week. Call me if you still need me."
     When push comes to shove; your bank balance is being eaten away by fees, the paycheck isn't going as far as it used to because of rising prices of food, housing, and transportation, and you want more information about what you can do about it, I'm here for you.

   
     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment