Thursday, May 19, 2016

Fables For Living In A New World Economy: Chapter Seven. The Emperor's New Clothes

     Once upon a time the world was ruled by a very gullible emperor. Truly, the man knew nothing and believed everything. One day the emperor called for his tailor to bring him the new suit of clothes he had ordered several weeks prior. This sent the tailor into a tizzy since he had no new clothes made for his ruler since the royal banker had never provided the funds for the materials.
     'Tell me Mr. Banker, what am I to do? The Emperor wants his clothes, but you never sent me the money to make them, and so I have nothing ready for him.'
     'But I did send the money.'
     'Clearly you're mistaken. Had I received it I would be in this predicament.'
     'The money I sent you is invisible.'
     'Invisible money? Sounds like another one of your pranks, Mr. Banker.'
     'I don't do pranks, Tailor. I am a professional.'
     'As am I. So what do you suggest, that I present the Emperor with invisible clothes made with your invisible money?'
     'Excellent idea!'
     'I feared you would say that. It isn't your head on the block. Oh, how I wish we still paid for things with gold. Life was so much simpler then and costs were so much cheaper.'
     'It goes against my belief to tell you this, but there are some people who are using gold now.'
     'Gold? Really? Instead of your so-called invisible currency?'
     'Like I said, I don't much like it. Hard for men like me to make an honest living with gold --it's just so constant, you understand. So, common.'
     'Easy to know about you mean. So how can I find out more about these people who are using gold to pay for goods and services? I want to join them.'
     'Very well, then, Tailor, here's what you do--' How To Pay For Goods & Services With Gold
     

No comments:

Post a Comment